Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Tribute to RIF (Reading Is Fundamental)

I've just added a new list to my sidebar called "Bite into These." It's a list of books that I've personally picked from Dave's bookshelves to rip into. I can devour a book in a really short time. Dave even tells everyone that I'm smart.

When the US invaded Iraq I chewed on Colin Powell's autobiography to learn more. A few days after we moved into our current apartment, I was digging into one of Dave's textbooks on resistance to change. He seemed a bit upset when he found it on the living room floor, but I thought it was an appropriate choice for the moment.

He seemed a bit wigged out when he came home for lunch one day, having not let me take my morning walk that morning, to find a book entitled "How to be Good to Your Dog" on the living room floor. Funny, he hasn't forgotten to take me out since then.

DIVA

No comments: